Information on the processing of personal data
Data within the scope of research projects
(Version from 01.11.2019)
With this data protection notice, the professorship for Business Administration, esp. Digital Management & Digital Work at the Faculty of Economics and Business Administration of Heinrich-Heine-University of Düsseldorf fulfills its obligation to provide information in accordance with Articles 13, 14 of the EU Data Protection Regulation (EU-DSGVO) for the above-mentioned processing of personal data.
Supplementary information can be found in the data protection declaration of the HHU (https://www.uni-duesseldorf.de/home/footer/datenschutz.html).
Personal data is the information that makes it possible to identify a person. In addition to direct personal information, such as name, date of birth or telephone number, this also includes data on personal characteristics, beliefs or relationships, which allow a conclusion to be drawn about a specific person.
With regard to the other terms used, "personal data", "processing", "responsible person", "third party", etc., reference is made to the definitions in Article 4 of the EU-DSGVO.
Responsible for the processing is the professorship for business administration, esp. Digital Management & Digital Work at the Faculty of Economics of the Heinrich-Heine-University Düsseldorf, a legal entity under public law supported by the State of North Rhine-Westphalia. It is represented by the Rector Prof. Dr. Anja Steinbeck.
Contact details of the responsible person
Heinrich Heine University Düsseldorf
Phone: 0211 81-10000
Contact details of the contact person
Prof. Dr. Marius Wehner
Heinrich Heine University Düsseldorf
Faculty of Economic Sciences
Professorship for Business Administration, esp. Digital Management & Digital Work
Contact details of the data protection officer
You can contact the data protection officer by post at the address of the person responsible or as follows
phone: +49 211 81-13060
Processed personal data and purposes
During the written or oral interviews, personal data will be collected and processed exclusively for scientific purposes and only within the scope of the respective project. The participation in the interviews is voluntary.
- What happens with your data?
1. your data will be processed computer-assisted. This applies regardless of whether you are interviewed personally by one of our interviewers, whether you fill out a printed questionnaire or an online questionnaire.
2. your answers to the individual questions are translated into numbers and stored independently of your name and address. Your name will not be processed or merged with survey data.
3. we assign a random temporary identification number to your details (code number) If it is a repeat survey, your details from the current and previous survey will be linked to each other exclusively via this code number.
4. the results are presented exclusively in anonymous form.
Legal basis and purposes of processing
The collection of personal data in the course of written or oral interviews is based on the consent of the persons concerned in accordance with Art. 6 paragraph 1 letter a. EU-DSGVO.
Your personal data, which is processed by the Junior Professorship for Business Administration, in particular Corporate Management at the Faculty of Economic Sciences of the Heinrich-Heine-University of Düsseldorf for the purposes mentioned under 2, will not be transferred to third parties. However, the data may be published in anonymous form.
If technical service providers have access to personal data, this is done on the basis of a contract in accordance with Art. 28 EU-DSGVO.
Duration of processing / data deletion
Data collected and processed for written or oral interviews will be archived after the project has been completed and, if an external service provider has been commissioned, will be deleted from the external service provider.
Your rights as a data subject
As a data subject, you can assert the rights granted to you by the EU-DSGVO at any time:
- the right to be informed whether and which of your data are being processed (Art. 15 EU-DSGVO),
- the right to request the correction or completion of data concerning you (Art. 16 EU-DSGVO),
- the right to delete data concerning you in accordance with Art. 17 EU-DSGVO,
- the right to demand a restriction of the processing of data in accordance with Art. 18 EU-DSGVO,
- the right to revoke a given consent at any time. This does not affect the lawfulness of the processing carried out on the basis of the consent until revocation (Art. 7 para. 3 EU-DSGVO),
- the right to object to future processing of data concerning you in accordance with Art. 21 EU-DSGVO.
At www.unternehmensfuehrung.hhu.de/forschungsprojekte.html you have the possibility at any time and without giving reasons to revoke your consent to participate in the study, to process your data and to use your information or to have your data deleted.
In addition to the aforementioned rights, you have the right to submit a complaint to the supervisory authority for data protection (Art. 77 EU-DSGVO), for example to the
State Commissioner for Data Protection and
Freedom of Information North Rhine-Westphalia
Cavalry Road 2-4
Phone: 0211 38424-0
Data collection on our website
The scope of the processing of personal data on our website is described at www.uni-duesseldorf.de/home/footer/datenschutz.html.